Effective Date: August 1, 2021 Last Updated: October 18, 2021
This Website is operated in the United States and intended for use by individuals who are located in the United States.
We may update this Policy at any time. If we do so, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our Website or as required by law. Continuing to use the Website after a new Policy is posted means that you accept and agree to the changes.
What information does GRID Alternatives collect?
Information we collect
We may collect information from you and about you. This many include your:
- contact information
- demographic information, including family size
- vehicle and home-ownership information
- Social Security number
- device information (for example, we may collect your device identifier, IP address, or mobile operating system)
- any other information that you provide to us, such as through a “Contact Us” page.
How we collect your information
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You. We may collect information when you fill out the forms on our Website. For example, when you access information about programs and start program applications.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Website on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Website.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics vendors.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Website. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To send you relevant communications. This may include information about transportation and clean energy programs.
- To contact you about programs and services you have expressed interest in.
- To start applications for programs you have selected to apply to.
- To help you process applications with program administrators.
- To monitor the effectiveness or statistics of our Website or programs.
- To respond to inquiries and customer service requests.
- To improve website design and content.
- To protect our organization and our Website.
- To conduct income verification.
- As requested or directed by you.
We may also use the information we collect in any other way permitted by law.
When do we share your information?
We may share your information in the following ways:
- With our vendors. We may share information with our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you. This may include vendors that help us communicate with you by email or text message.
- With any successors to all or part of the organization. For example, if we merge with, are acquired by, or sell part of our organization to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization, or other change of control.
- As necessary to provide services to you. For example, we may share your information with the IRS, program administrators, or outreach partners.
- With our business partners. For example, we may also share information with social media sites and companies that help us learn more about people using our services for the purposes described in this Policy.
- To comply with the law or protect ourselves. We may also share your information with state or federal regulatory agencies. We may also share when we believe disclosure is appropriate to enforce our site policies, protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety, or comply with the law.
- For other reasons described to you.
- As requested or directed by you.
Choices regarding your information
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries.
Cookies & other tracking technologies:
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies, and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using. For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here. If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection.
- Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics on our Website to help us understand how you use our Website. You can learn about how to opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
- Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our website, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
Our "Do Not Track" policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Our Website may have links that, if clicked, will take you to a third party website or platform that we do not own or control. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of those third party websites or platforms. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these third parties carefully before disclosing any information.
How does GRID Alternatives protect the information it collects?
Information we collect is protected through reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet and when providing information to anyone.
Does GRID Alternatives collect information from children?
This site is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe your child has provided information to us, please contact us with the contact information provided below.
How can I contact GRID Alternatives?
If you have any questions regarding this Policy you may contact us using the information below.
Access Clean California c/o GRID Alternatives
1171 Ocean Avenue, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94608